POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: 25ct
Date: 11 Jan 2001 15:36:03
Message: <3a5e1933@news.povray.org>
Thanks guys.

        After reading through your posts, I feel I could have replied to you
all personally, but then I'd run out of things to say! So I'll reply to you
all collectively, </me imagines a 40 hr Borg render!>  <bg>.

      You've all actually helped out quite a bit. I'll stick with PoV, and
persevere with the math of it all, (which I know will come to me at some
point).  But what I will do is try the link Vahur gave, and try to get
'comfortable' with the number crunching in that program, (thanks Vahur). I
know it will help.

     I found Runes comments;  "The positive way of thinking of it is:
"Monitor and mouse works in two
 dimensions only, but in my head I can visualise things in 3d",
 very useful. I can only agree with this.

    I also found Chris' comments about him still having hassles with moving
things around very encouraging. I guess thats the way PoV works....  ;o)

  I'm going to take some time out now and have a play! <g>

   Speak to you all soon....

    Again, thanks.

    ~Steve~